Thu, Sep 28|
Newtown Wellness Collective
Ganesha Chaturthi Celebration
Lord Ganesha is the remover of obstacles, protector of wisdom and bearer of good luck. Join us to celebrate the end of Ganesha Chaturthi, the annual 10-day celebration of this most revered diety. This is not a religious ceremony, it is simply time to give thanks to Ganesha and his divine support.
Time & Location
Sep 28, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Newtown Wellness Collective, 75 Glen Rd Suite 203, Sandy Hook, CT 06482, USA
About the event
Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha ~ My salutations to you Ganesh, remover of obstacles!
Join us in celebration of the annual Ganesha Chaturthi, a time to celebrate Lord Ganesh, the elephant-headed remover of obstacles from yoga and Hindu tradition. Ganesh is often revered in yoga practices, calling upon him to dispel barriers, open students to higher wisdom and invite good fortune, luck and abundance in new endeavors.
Through this practice, you'll:
- Co-create an altar to Ganesh, offering pujas (gifts) in his honor
- Set a collective crystal grid to support moving past obstacles and barriers
- Call upon Lord Ganesh to support you with any obstacles or barriers you're encountering, whether physical, emotional, mental or spiritual
- Use mudras and meditations to honor and celebrate Ganesh and his divine support
- Learn the significance of 108 in spiritual traditions
- Practice japa with recitation of the Ganesh mantra through 108 iterations, using a traditional mala bead necklace
- Close the Ganesh Chaturthi (held for 10 days, starting September 19th) with Visarjan, immersing his clay statue in water to dissolve and recycle back into Earth, a rite to signify his guidance towards universal consciousness
We will provide an eco-friendly Ganesh idol, mala beads for each participant to use and take home, and traditional pujas (gifts) to place on the altar. If you have items you would like to bring for the altar, please feel free to do so. Ganesh Chaturthi gifts are traditionally red flowers, Bermuda grass, vermillion, sandalwood, jaggery.
This session is led by Jen Rizza, founder of Newtown Wellness Collective and practicing yoga and Reiki Master teacher. It is her honor to share this sacred tradition of celebrating Lord Ganesh ~ may your life flow more freely and with ease, cleared of obstacles and anything holding you back from manifesting your dreams.
Ganesh Chaturthi - with mala
+$0.88 service fee
Includes 1 (one) 108-bead mala for japa practice
+$0.88 service fee